About this service
The Royal Cornwall dermatology unit provides routine and emergency assessment, treatment and surgery for patients with skin conditions and diseases.
We are a friendly, dynamic, forward-thinking department and are committed to delivering excellent care.
Our services include:
- Paediatric Dermatology.
- Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Photodynamic therapy
- Vulval/Genital Dermatology Service
- Nurse-led day treatment service
- Patch testing to investigate contact allergies
- Monitoring clinics for patients on second-line drugs and biologics
- Iontophoresis for hand and foot hyperhidrosis
- Dermatology Surgery and MOHS micrographic surgery
If you feel you need a specialist dermatology review, please ask your GP to refer you to the dermatology team.
For information about referral to treatment times please see the “Referral to Treatment waiting times” page.
Where to find us
The Dermatology Unit is behind Princess Alexandra Wing at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Treliske, Truro.
When you arrive at Royal Cornwall Hospital follow the signs to the Princess Alexandra Wing. Before you reach the building, turn right onto Penventinnie Lane and the Unit is on your left-hand side (attached to the Princess Alexandra Wing)
To find a consultant, please use the link below. You can use this to search by specialty, name, and location.
Patient Information (Leaflets)
Professional careers in dermatology
There are multiple ways to find out about careers in this area:
- Find out more about careers in dermatology on the healthcareers website
- See the Trust’s current vacancies on our careers website.
Page last reviewed: 17 October 2023